Well This is the first Blog posted and a subject that has been brought up many times in my life.
Why I chose Unanswered Prayers ? I suppose it's kinda hard to explain and will take more than one post to explain my thoughts and feelings on this.
So lets begin.
My Father was an alcoholic for as long as I can remember. I never new my mother. According to dad She was a drunk too and left us for whatever she wanted.(I later found out that I have a Half Sister by her) Due to my fathers Alcoholism I was placed in several Foster Homes Throughout my childhood. Many of those Foster home would teach (or at least have us attend church)Not all the same; Presbyterian,Baptist, and a couple of others don't remember all.
I do remember expressing my feelings on my dad's addiction and I was told to pray to God he answers children's prayers, I felt very strongly to this and prayed with everything I had every day for God to help dad stop and make a better life for us and find a mom for me so we could be a family.
Well that was the start of my loss of faith in Christ.
Dad never fully stopped drinking He also had a love of guns and would tell me all he wanted to do was die and would put the gun up to his head and tell me the only reason he didn't was because of me.
Sure he would clean up for anywhere between 6 months up to 1 full year, but then he would tell me that he had been good and deserves a drink every now and then which would turn into a case a day, Loose his Job, His home and me. By the time I hit my early teens I had decided that God could not care or exist, cause how could he allow someone to continue to kill themself in such a manner and then allow a child to go though so much disappointment, emotional heartach, fear of where are they going next, will Dad really kill himself, and the guilt that it my be my fault or could be my fault if my Dad where to die.
By the time I was 14 Dad was attempting to clean up again, and failed ready to loose his home I was looking for friends to stay with to avoid going to a strangers home. Dad had a supporter in AA and she hated the idea of me going to another foster home and she took me in. Her name is Maria.
To Be Continued....
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thats a good start. I look forward to reading more. God bless you. Tell your hubby I'm still waiting for his first post!
By the way I have a new post up on happiness. Check it out if you have time.
Look who's lurking around...good stuff, looking (or is that lurking) forward to more...God bless you and Nathan...still don't know about the dentist stuff yet...
Post a Comment